creating while away


Summer is in full swing and there is nothing better than a little summer vacation.  My husband and I haven't traveled much the past few years (except to our favorite destination: the shores of Lake Superior) but this year, we are already on our third get-away.

We just returned from a reunion with my family in California and it was lovely, fun and beautiful.  I had to pack light.  I am used to bringing my art bag properly stocked with small selections from many art making materials.  In this case, though, there was only room for a few books, a journal and pen.

In Encinitas, CA, I found an art store and without knowing what I was going to purchase, felt completely satisfied with this selection: one kraft color paper sketchbook, a set of soft pastels, one bottle of india ink and a brush.  I was on a roll.  This was a good reminder and proof, once again, that when I limit my materials, it is so much easier to just start.







My husband and I are currently in Montana (another love of ours).  I am needing to create, again, as soon as possible.  I have a wish to do what this inspiring, creative soul did - create a piece for my birthday (already past - but it's never too late, right?).  Anika Starmer (otherwise known as a is for anika), creates EVERYDAY and she created this piece on her birthday with a LOVEly and inspiring dedication (we share the same day).  I follow Anika on facebook, instagram, flickr and her blog.  Check her out!  It's a great way to give yourself a kick start!

The originals of these drawings as well as fine art prints are already available in my etsy shop.

I only had my phone but taking photos is always another source of creativity for me too.  
You can view these here.

Happy Summer to ALL!  I'd love to hear what you've been up to.  Send me a message or comment and let me know.

Comments

  1. I love these recent works! Awesome to know they were created with "limitations". That's one of the things I love about traveling light too--that you can just choose a few materials and see what all you can come up with. In this case it worked out great! I think the kraft paper sketchbook was a particularly inspired choice. Thank you so much for mentioning my birthday art! And you're right--it's STILL not too late to make something for your birthday too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts