getting wind of January


I packaged up my first round of handmade gifts yesterday.  It was so exciting to be able to wrap each one too.  Since I incorporated handmade gifts into my creative commitment for December, it's really turned into a successful project.  I think my favorite creation is the coloring book I created for my nieces and friends' children.


Remember my visual journal commitment from November?  Well, a lot of the ideas for this coloring book were collected from those pages.  It never ceases to amaze me how truly one act that I initially think is just "an act in itself" influences the next.

Last night, I received a ∞ flash message ∞ of my creative commitment for January: 31 variations on milkweed.  Some of you know my affinity for milkweed.  With it absent and buried under snow this time of year, I am inspired to create my own.  As per usual, when I get wind of the next creative commitment, I want to dive in right away.  I also know, though, that it benefits to have it marinate.
I have five more days of handmade gifts (for a total of 21 days) and want to keep the fuel under the fire for this as well.

I am still looking for bloggers.  Please send them my way!
If you'd like, you can email them to me directly:  karimaxwell@mac.com

Have a great weekend!  See you on Monday.

∞ Flash messages can be easily received.  Unlike last week, when I was experiencing a lot of angst (see Take 5), this week has felt free flowing, steady and generous in time and space. It has been my experience that THIS is when flash messages occur (or more easily said, when they can be received).  Thank you.  More please (regarding flash messaging).  We creatives rely on it.

Comments

Popular Posts