note to self

                                               
let the world go by, 30X48, acrylic on canvas


If I am not battling the boa constrictor (see previous post), I have to shake off more trivial distractions (false pressures).

Our home is always a go-to (possible distraction) for me.  According to my journal entries, it's a place I have taken myself (as a detour in thought) for over a decade.  It's a terrible obsession.

I have written SO MANY posts here about our home.  I wouldn't trade it for another home in the world.  I cannot explain it.  When tempted to pick up and leave Minnesota altogether, the vibe I have in our physical home has kept me here.  If I had a million dollars, I wouldn't purchase a different home nor change the one I have that much.

Typing this post is my attempt in setting this obsession aside AGAIN.

Little things like "I should paint this wall" or " I should plant this" or "when will I get a plumber to fix the sink in the main bath?" or "We need a new couch".  Btw, we really DO need a new couch for our main living space right now BUT! I just don't want or have the bandwidth to shop for one right now (and this HAS to be OK).  

Ever since January 2024, all my energy and thought has gone into my studio and work.  I don't have room for anything else other than required errands, reading (a priority), good tv (ohhhhh, cheesy tv too), walking and cooking.  I guess this is a repeat theme here, too (see this previous post).  Oh, and by the way, Peter works so hard as a public school teacher and so his down time is spent skiing, biking or resting.  And I completely GET how it needs to be this way.  So, in the meantime, the house gets put on the back burner again - day after day, year after year.

I just want my house to feel loved and appreciated without the maintenance it probably deserves.  I LOVE YOU, HOUSE!  Thank you for being SO MUCH more than just a home for us to live the lives we love. 


current project

For the record, I have averaged finishing one painting per every two weeks since January. This has been a result of going slow, letting go, resting, listening, not forcing, etc but also has required 
A LOT 
of 
focus.

p.s. regarding the horse I finished yesterday (pictured at top): kind of an appropriate title, considering...

Comments

Popular Posts