spirit, awareness and discipline

lost and found (sky), 20x20, acrylic on canvas


Speaking of taoist philosophy, according to The Book of Five Rings, three characteristics are required for success: 

spirit

awareness 

and discipline


I sat down to journal how I can strengthen these characteristics within myself today.


For today, keeping the external stimuli to a minimum for me keeps my spirit strong.  

For today, my daily writing and walking strengthen my awareness.

When considering discipline, the first practice that comes to mind for me is "creating everyday" but, for today, discipline is refraining from the habitual cycle of doubt and panic.  

Discipline for me today is a daily commitment to patience and trust.


my latest completed painting of 2024
visit THIS LINK for more information

for other posts on taoism:

strong cultural conditioning

the loud voice vs. the soft one

Comments

Popular Posts