Our City Dreams (more)

I've mentioned the film, Our City Dreams many o' times here and I am about to mention it again.  I reference this movie often when I need to feel grounded again as an artist and art maker.  

When I was in my studio last week, watching and listening, I grabbed this scratch paper and started taking notes.  I've taken notes on this film so many times but it all seems like new information every time.


100% my experience as well.  💯💯💯
And NO APOLOGIES.

Gah! And to think of them as family....? 
Hmmm...I’ll have to give that some thought. 

I know I definitely feel the responsibility - that they be properly placed with the right people/in their right places


I intuitively know that the way 
I show up in my studio every day does pay off 
even though it can look like this and seem 
incredibly uneventful.  
My intellect still battles with this though.


Another battle.  I intuitively know that it only works if I make art for myself first.  
The intellect battles with words like 
"selfish", "self absorbed" or (especially):
 "Shouldn't you be making a much more profound statement (or difference)?"  



There is always time and space to begin again.

 


I think this can really freak some people out.  
But it is SO MUCH my truth!
And I don't need to explain this.  
All I need to know is ART did save my life
and because of this, 
I will keep expressing my gratitude for it, 
I will keep creating, 
believing in the process and sharing.



I am also in love with making things.  
I will NOT apologize but continue moving forward because of this.


Do these swatches I took my notes on look familiar?  See this post for the explanation.


Comments

Popular Posts