I feel my way (part 2)

 I don't want to go back.  I know this.

And, I want to move forward.

And how much pushing is too much?

And what if I know I am getting somewhere (because this is how it works for me)? 


This year may be dedicated to in-betweens.  

I don't want to finalize the year or anything.  We aren't even half way through!

But this does help take the pressure off.


A previous post titled I feel my way was my first reference in a while to this creative cycle.  I got closer when I realized why pigeons?  Read the artist statement here.   After three months, I finally got somewhere with the painting below but I haven't landed.  I am still very much in flight (am I migrating? is that why I am so tired?).  The title is really appealling considering I also spend much of my time reading (so cheers, Gertrude Stein).

pigeons on the grass alas, 30x40, acrylic on canvas


And then, I realized, it's already been two years since I created the online camp, 
All Things India Ink and I got to thinking about india ink...  

After my visit to SoulSpace last week (something I consider an honor and a privilege, not to mention a spiritual experience), I was inspired to create some of the residents' likeness with india ink.  This was the result.


George, Oliver and Penny, 24x18,
india ink + acrylic on paper


I am still trying to understand how I create the looseness on canvas that I have created on paper in the past.  The above was my attempt.  I love these paintings (of course) AND they are definitely, also holding the space of in-between.  When will I get there?


And, as I mentioned earlier, I don’t want to go back.  Promise. 

But these are from the back and these are looser. 

What am I missing?

prints available

And now I am going to google migration because I think that may get me a wee bit closer.


View photos from my current exhibit here

Pigeons on the Grass Alas is available for purchase.  View this link or contact me directly for purchase information

the likenesses of George, Oliver and Penny are available here

For information regarding prints, contact me directly at karimaxwell@mac.com


Comments

Popular Posts