What a different year to reflect upon.
Being a daily writer, I accumulate a stack of composition books over the course of every year. It usually takes me a period of two weeks to re-read them and take note.
This year, in addition to the New Year Workshop, I took note of categories like "evidence of growth", "take aways" and "surprises".
A few of this year's surprises were:
- As of February 2020, I hadn't complained about winter yet (I have already done this in 2021)
- Due to the pandemic, we were forced to search out summer camping alternatives. We found NEW favorite spots where we will always choose to return.
- Peter and I were more compatible than ever (sharing the same physical space, all day, every day)
- My mind was much quieter
- I used a lot of colored pencils (this is shocking, actually)
- Spring in Minnesota came early (beginning of April)
- I thoroughly enjoyed an audio book (another shocking one, here)
- We spent all day/every day feeling perfectly content on our porch in June and July
- I completed 2 video series
- I experienced an alternative (just as powerful) ritual with daylight savings
- We had harmonious and enjoyable holidays
- What was once my ideal day time log became habitual practice
- Living my life list became habitual practice too
- SO MANY bonfires