a perennial creative
|the fields and hills surrounding chico hot springs, paradise valley, montana|
I recently heard someone refer to themselves as a perennial optimist.
This got me seriously thinking...
I looked up perennial in the dictionary and this is what I found:
- returning in the spring from their root stock
- present at all seasons of the year
- persisting usually with new growth
- continuing without interruption
- regularly repeated or renewed
- continuing indefinitely in time
- recurring in steady and usually rapid succession
I am not sure if I would go as far to refer to myself as an optimist. I think a lot of people would describe me as such. I have definitely learned that optimism is a choice and an act of conscious thought. As an artist and creative individual I don't think it is a surprise to hear that I struggle with a dark side (this being part of my creative process is another blog post altogether). I most surely do believe in my creativity as perennial, however.
With a commitment to creating everyday:
- I have established a strong foundation (a "root stock")
- I have found a way to express myself every season of the year
- I persist (most of the time), and as a result, I am always experiencing new growth
- I continue without interruption (the stronger the root stock, the easier this becomes)
- I regularly repeat and, as a result, renew
- I am unable to see an end - creativity has become my life purpose
- I experience more rapid succession the steadier my practice of creating is
If you are interested in developing a creative "root stock", I offer create everyday online classes. For a more personal, individualized approach see my creative coaching services.
Since the word "optimistic" was mentioned, you may also like these posts: