the work in having fun



"Just because I'm losing, 
Doesn't mean I'm lost, 
Doesn't mean I'll stop, 
Doesn't mean I'm across."
- Coldplay

We viewed the one night showing of Coldplay's LIVE 2012 movie last night.  I never considered myself a fan but my interest has been peaked over the course of the years and I have paid attention.  I guess my husband and I did ACTUALLY see them live back in 2009.  The band was energetic and put on a great show.
It's impossible for me to make any assumptions about the band, though, after ONE show (one night).
I realized a few things after viewing this film last night (that Coldplay fans already know, I am sure)
regarding Chris Martin, the lead singer
  • He believes in having fun
  • He believes everyone else should have fun too
  • He agrees that having fun takes work, vision, continuous growth
  • When on stage, he chooses to be fully engaged AND he has figured out how to manage his energy
  • He treats his band as a precious entity (still)
  • He chooses to focus on the good, the positive
  • He strives for authenticity
  • He is grateful
After learning last night that these are some of the band's consistent practices, I became a fan. 
I can commit to taking one of these practices "home" and applying them to my life and vision today.

Comments

Popular Posts