do it. create. walk and see. cut and paste. scratch and sniff.
do whatever you have to do to feed your soul.
this is my commitment.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

the work in having fun



"Just because I'm losing, 
Doesn't mean I'm lost, 
Doesn't mean I'll stop, 
Doesn't mean I'm across."
- Coldplay

We viewed the one night showing of Coldplay's LIVE 2012 movie last night.  I never considered myself a fan but my interest has been peaked over the course of the years and I have paid attention.  I guess my husband and I did ACTUALLY see them live back in 2009.  The band was energetic and put on a great show.
It's impossible for me to make any assumptions about the band, though, after ONE show (one night).
I realized a few things after viewing this film last night (that Coldplay fans already know, I am sure)
regarding Chris Martin, the lead singer
  • He believes in having fun
  • He believes everyone else should have fun too
  • He agrees that having fun takes work, vision, continuous growth
  • When on stage, he chooses to be fully engaged AND he has figured out how to manage his energy
  • He treats his band as a precious entity (still)
  • He chooses to focus on the good, the positive
  • He strives for authenticity
  • He is grateful
After learning last night that these are some of the band's consistent practices, I became a fan. 
I can commit to taking one of these practices "home" and applying them to my life and vision today.

No comments:

Post a Comment