more about one year (aka post #153.2)

Untitled by kari maxwell
by kari maxwell on Flickr.

I love this quote.  I want to do this.  I AM doing this.
This was one of the projects that kicked off my re-commitment to this blog one year ago.  
I posted daily quotes on a telephone pole outside our home.  

But more about this quote specifically: I have chosen my corner.  It feels like home.  I have put intentional thought and commitment into it everyday.  I want to change the world little by little.  
I want to shed a brighter light on the nurturing benefits of creating.  
I want to inspire people to just start.

It feels so refreshing to have a corner that is so cozy and comfortable and made just for me (and those who want to come on along).  The authenticity and sincerity I have practiced this year has been liberating.  I am ready for MORE.  Yes, more opportunities for authenticity and sincerity, please.  
Thank you!

I am farther away from perfect than I have ever been, stepping out on a ledge where I have never dared to go before.  I want to stay on this ledge and wait for the next opportunity to leap.  Who feels compelled to stand out there with me?

Charles Eames was a brilliant creator.  I think we all can agree on that.  I feel as though he really stood by this quote and soaked it all up.  
He did change the world.  
Recently, I came across this image, his initial marriage proposal to Ray Kaiser.


This was eye opening for me.  Charles Eames was just a regular guy.  He even made spelling errors.  He put himself out there, on his own ledge and leaned into his dreams.  
Let's do THIS too.


By the way, I AM CELEBRATING one year (just in case you haven't heard...).  To celebrate with me, check out this post for free give aways.  Today is the last day to play!




Comments

Popular Posts