I DID IT!

I just realized that I actually did this!
At the start of 2010, I listed a number of creative commitments that I was pondering working on over the course of the year. I picked #4 (one piece a month, using a different medium for each) and, although, I eventually forgot about it most of the time, it still visited my mind every once in awhile. Turns out, I didn't need to search a lot for creative inspiration this year and it all just ended up "coming together". Of course, I didn't do it perfectly: It didn't follow a monthly regimen nor did I cover every medium. I think the surprise comes from the idea that absolutely NOTHING was forced. Every image you see here was one of sheer delight and spontaneous creativity. It just so happens each one of these items fulfills the "requirement"! If this isn't manifestation of vision, I don't know what is...

From left to right: acrylic painting (Jan), photograph (Nov), photograph (August), mixed media (May), installation (May), oil painting (May), watercolor (July), print making (August), collage (Sept), drawing (Oct), pastel (Nov) and sculpture (Dec)

Comments

Popular Posts