do it. create. walk and see. cut and paste. scratch and sniff.
do whatever you have to do to feed your soul.
this is my commitment.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

coming full circle

against a wall, 10 X 8, acrylic on canvas paper

In the midst of a house full of family this holiday, I have been attempting to meditate daily on a vision for my creative endeavors for 2010.
In addition to creating bodies of work (which will continue to happen, I affirm) and participating in exhibits, contributing to galleries, etc, I enjoy having a rhythmic project that both challenges me and creates a structure and framework for the year.

Last year, I committed myself to the 365 project www.flickr.com/photos/karimaxwell/sets/72157616020754394.

I am pondering these ideas for 2010:
1. one painting a month on an intuitively guided theme
2. one self portrait a month (which wouldn't be that fun considering I am participating in the self portrait project http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/selfportrait and ONE already seems like too much)
3. one color a day in a moleskin
4. one piece a month, using a different medium for each: installation, photography, sculpture, collage, acrylic painting, drawing, textile, oil painting, pastel, mixed media, watercolor and ONE MORE (this one sounds challenging, FUN and "outside the box" for me)
5. continue this blog (this is a given)
6. one photo a week (instead of one a day). I think I want to do this too (a way to ween myself from the zillions of pics I have been used to taking).

Currently, I am leaning towards #4. It sounds like something I want to start
RIGHT NOW.
I think this is a wonder-filled sign of inspiration to come...

Any OTHER ideas out there?

Wishing you creative souls well.
Happy New Year!
Here's to the manifestation of vision!

No comments:

Post a Comment