25 DAYS (and counting)



DECEMBER 7: MOTIVE

I knew this would happen. I knew I would read a prompt, a previous painting would immediately come to mind, and, I knew I would try to resist it. I guess I just didn’t think it would happen this soon.

My MOTIVE to paint a subject more often comes from a strong urge that’s undeniable (and usually doesn’t make logical sense). 

This is very evident with the cows, the bison, the lions. I still cannot believe I painted lions…

AND THIS RABBIT. I distinctly remember perusing the book shelves @moonpalacebooks (no rabbit in sight) and the idea for this painting was planted. Nothing was going to stop me from painting this rabbit. It had to be painted for me to move forward. 

My MOTIVE is an experience that must be expressed. 

Happy December 7!

25 more days until 2024

Standing Tall is Safe Here, 48x30

The second image is a screenshot from a November 2019 blog post




Comments

Popular Posts