series of events

 When you've been looking for the next infusion of inspiration for literally, at least, an entire year, this is worth noting.


1. I received this tiny token as a gift on Thursday, February 25.


2. On Sunday, February 28, I kept hearing "dip paper in house paint and hang on your walking route".  I also attempted to fold my own origami rabbits.  I didn't have any success with the rabbits AND I still hadn't made the connection.

3. On the morning of Monday, March 1, I made the connection: "Oh...dip the origami rabbits in the house paint!"  With this clarity, I had success folding several origami rabbits.  I dipped them and hung them on the clothesline.


They didn't dry well because of the cold weather. 

I dipped another batch inside and hung them in the basement.

4. On Tuesday, I decided to re-dip the outdoor batch of rabbits but, this time, chose to re-dip in green.  I liked this so much, I re-dipped all of them.


5. On Wednesday, March 3, I took 5 of the green, dried, dipped rabbits on my walk.  I loved how they felt to the touch! Initially, I had thought I would hang them ANYWHERE along my regular walking route.  I knew I wanted to hang them in the midst of bareness (rather than on a fir tree, for instance) and I even thought I would hang them on telephone poles.  But then, it became quickly obvious, that they needed to feel "tucked in" and safe.  These places were more difficult to find and I found myself even caring about leaving them.  

I was attached to these? REALLY? This is definitely the case with my paintings but...

Even folded paper rabbits? Without eyes? YES. Interject even more <radical self acceptance> here. 

I found three places.


6. Earlier on Wednesday morning, too, I was inspired to make a much larger rabbit.  I want to try dipping it (but need a bigger bucket of paint) and setting it on wax paper to dry (as opposed to hanging).


GAH! I also made sun prints on Monday



I am grateful that I have the space and time to listen and to follow through.  I know that if I cannot follow through, almost immediately, once the clarity arrives, the project loses momentum.  I know this is why I need these days of space and time.  And yet, what is this all about?  I wish I knew...

I may never know.

I do know that one thing leads to another for me and this is (was?) definitely "a thing".

Still waiting...

Comments

Popular Posts