creative cross training


 

This was my creative cross training this week. 

I found 25 of these white, bordered cards at a stationery store (for $1.95) and decided they would create the format. 

I sourced 2 old paintings (one watercolor + one acrylic) as well as a few newspaper and magazine pages. 

From the start, I noticed such an acute minimal composition. To tell you the truth, I mourn the days of saturated color with little negative space.

I create in this manner as a way to tap into my creative subconscious. 

When looking back for patterns, I see:

1. a lot of white (negative space)

2. dark, chocolate brown

3. clouds

4. arches

5. soft edges (torn)

What patterns do you see?


Why are there only 20?  I was impatient. I looked back to see if I could find patterns before I finished the last five. When attempting  to move forward with the 21st piece, I couldn’t free myself from the above realizations and the work started to feel  contrived. 


others' impressions:

1.fragmentation + layers

2.spring

3.minimal with a punch, upward+onward, breathing space

4.sky, earth, body, space

5.space, layers, surprise



Comments

Popular Posts