from all systems go, to all systems stop



This is a journal entry from last year. Presently, this is not my struggle. But it may be yours. And it will be mine again sometime soon.  I’ve found it’s the nature of the beast. Practicing my art can feel so vulnerable, can touch my deepest fears on a daily basis and create intense feelings of emotional isolation.

So what about now? How are we all doing now?  If this can be my experience when “all systems are a go”, what about when all systems seemed to have come to a halt?

Before this all came to a head, I dogeared a post from @octaviaspecer (reposted from @myspiritualpath) that I found so inspiring, supportive and helpful. And now I feel is the time to apply this practice more than ever.

“...DON’T THINK ABOUT WHAT CAN HAPPEN IN A MONTH. DON’T THINK ABOUT WHAT CAN HAPPEN IN A YEAR. JUST FOCUS ON THE 24 HOURS AHEAD OF YOU AND DO WHAT YOU CAN TO GET CLOSER TO WHERE YOU WANT TO BE. TODAY IS ANOTHER DAY FOR YOU TO START CREATING YOUR OWN HAPPINESS.” 

and then her caption to this post read,
“I would add: envision what you want for yourself in the future, but live in this moment one day at a time.”

If you are needing a boost, call or email an artist friend today. You can DM me too! Chances are, other creatives are in a different part of this cycle and more often than not, can see more clearly for you right now. This is the beauty of community.
And we all need community more than ever.
Be well, my friends. ❌⭕️

Comments

Popular Posts