(banned, criticized, discriminated against, fined, penalized) and still, standing out

still, standing out, 30x40, acrylic on canvas, 2450.

Well, this isn't something you usually see from me.  I mean, the "occasional" fox, yes. But the bright colors and what looks like a background?  Not so much.

I have been meditating on a concept for quite awhile, now, and last week, I set out to paint these ideas in the form of a giant rabbit.  What else?  I pushed and pulled with the painting all week.  On Monday morning (of this week) I thanked the rabbit, stated my intention to continue to commit to this concept and then gesso-ed over it.

And then... Monday night happened.  I found myself mesmerized by Serena's dress from the Met Gala.  I just kept looking at it.  Did you see her kicks?  Even better.

I love Serena and everything she stands for (which helps with the inspiration in the first place).  And then I just wanted to do something about this dress.

So, here is a fox, painted over the painting I pushed and pulled with all last week, walking through a "field" of Serena's dress, I guess.

Makes perfect sense to me...


de(tail):




And, in between the "occasional" fox, 
I am still working on painting those rabbits larger than life.  
View these paintings HERE


Comments

Popular Posts