happy *daylight*

things are lookin' up, 30x40, acrylic on canvas, 2450. 

The last six weeks I have been putting time in at my studio with no concrete evidence that anything is manifesting.  But all those days are worth it when something like this happens.

I haven't finished a painting since the end of January and have been feeling like the work in progress has been piling up and taking over my studio for the last month or so.  See "behind the scenes".  Today I finally feel cut loose and liberated.

Recently, Peter and I watched the movie, The Lady in the Van, based on Alan Bennett's memoir of the same title.  I highly recommend, by the way.  The trailer doesn't do it justice.  This quote drove home what my experience is like as a painter: "You don't put yourself into what you write.  You find yourself there."  This is EXACTLY how painting works for me.  I can never put myself into some sort of right mind or state or place in order to complete a painting.  But, one day, with many days behind me, I find myself "there" in the middle of right mind, spirit and place.

Yesterday, I noticed an energy shift and felt another breakthrough.  Could it have anything to do with the fact that we now have *more light*?  Yes please and more thank you.


Btw, that fur, right behind a rabbit's ears - that's my favorite...

things are lookin' up (detail)


Comments

Popular Posts