tag, you're it!

There is nothing better than being inspired.  NOTHING.  Upon receiving the Cecil B. DeMille award at the Golden Globes last night, Jeff Bridges did just that.  He inspired me.

Of course there has already been criticism about the structure of his speech and his delivery.  Of course.  But I've never really been one to place emphasis there.  In fact, I appreciated his meandering (it prompted me to keep paying attention).

Why are we still so obssessed with everything needing to be tied up with a pretty bow?  Yes, I was absolutely inspired by Oprah's speech last year AND,  there is something so human and imperfect and vulnerable about Jeff Bridges' speech last night.  You couldn't help but sense his authenticity.

Through the meandering content of his speech, there was such a profound sense of humility, gratitude, conviction and heart.  I'll take that ANY DAY.  In fact, I think we all could use more of it.
"Bucky (Fuller) made the analogy that a trim tab is an example of how the individual is connected to society, and how we affect society.  And I like to think of myself as a trim tab.  All of us are trim tabs.  We might seem like we're not up to the task, but we are, man.  We're alive!  We can make a difference!  We can turn this ship in the way we wanna go, man!  Towards love, creating a healthy planet for all of us.
So I wanna thank the Hollywood Foreign Press for tagging me, and I wanna tag you all.  You're all trim tabs.  Tag, you're it!  Thank you! "

You'll have to watch the speech for yourself to make the connection between tagging and trim tags.


Oh, and by the way: Tag, you're it!

Comments

Popular Posts