maintaining the inner momentum

It's the start that stops most people but for me, it's the on-going, repetitive steps that stop me.  The start is always full of momentum and possibility but when the momentum starts to wane, I start to stop stop stop.  It's at this time that I get distracted and derailed.  It's at this time that I lose faith and self doubt takes over.  And with one thought of self doubt comes one million more.

I recently read the book, 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do by Amy Morin.  I realized that I "score" really well when I apply these strengths to my creative life, however, where I fail (and where I continue to fail - this is where failure goes awry) is with the last (number 13): They Don't Expect Immediate Results.  This is a tricky one because I really don't expect immediate results (I wish I expected more, actually) but, after two years of effort without a significant, giant (undefinable, monumental, lightning bolt) jump, I second guess myself.  And this is where those negative thoughts attack.  This is where I meet my crossroad.  Again.

Today, I am committing to not making this same mistake over and over again (number 8).  Today I want to have strength in the midst of, what I feel, is a lack of external momentum.  Today it is even more important that I find my momentum from within.  What is powerful, here, is what I choose to think.  I can either say it's not enough and let this thought system develop and grow or I can continue to do the best I can do with what I have at this very moment.

If I take what I have and "start" from here, I may actually break this repetitive pattern in my life.

Today, I am staking the other path at this particular crossroads.


I am in the process of receiving recommendations for a creative coach.  I am interested in working with someone who can support me through my inner, belief-bound behaviors and assist me in committing to myself, my vision and my day to day path.  Similar to how I coach others, I believe the more leaps we take from within, the more that is able to manifest without.

Comments

Popular Posts