more work (from the left)


DOG, 15X11, mixed media (pen, pastel, ink, acrylic)
on heavy weight cotton, wheat colored paper, 45.
My left hand is my non-dominant hand and these drawings were solely created by only using my left.  My husband asked me what I am learning from this process last night.  I don't quite know yet.  Initially, I thought it would be a great exercise in loosening up my process but I still don't feel like this approach is working.  I notice that I am definitely working more slowly and I am less attached to the outcome, that the outcome has even more freedom to become what it needs to be.  But I just don't know.  I will continue until I am finished, though.  And I won't know when I am finished until I am.  For right now, I have exclusively created with my left hand for one week.
FOX, 15X11, mixed media (pen, pastel, ink, acrylic)
on heavy weight cotton, wheat colored paper, 45.

BUNNY, just short of 13X10, mixed media
(ink, pencil, white charcoal) on paper, 25.

bah bah BLACK SHEEP, just short of 13X10,
mixed media (acrylic, pencil, pastel) on paper, 35.

Peace, just short of 13X10, mixed media
(acrylic, pen, ink, pastel) on paper, 35.

I am continuing to do a studio cleanse with hopes of finishing by the end of the year.  In my first attempt at spontaneously selling work that I had "found", each piece sold out within a matter of minutes.  THAT was fun and it was so fun for me to think of sending this work out into the world, especially to people I knew would appreciate it.  

I love creating so much I would do it for free.  I know I am not alone.  When I went to the post office with the first round of shipments, my postage bill was a bit larger than I had figured (good to have clarity).  For the second round, I had to bump up my prices a bit, especially considering size.

These pieces aren't part of my studio cleanse, however.  These are originals too, fresh off the press and created with a new process in mind.  They are listed here for at least 25% less in an effort to continue moving my work in a consistent manner.  

If you LOVE one of these, email me for purchase information.  Paypal is the easiest way I have found to do this.  These prices also include US shipping.  If you know of someone who would LOVE one of these, forward this to them.

I love this quote by renown museum administrator and director, Juliana Force:


I am also selling these original, left hand drawings for 30. each


Comments

Popular Posts