creative commitments




I knew that I wanted to transform another magazine into a sketchbook and I knew my primary material was going to be paint.  Corita Kent has been a big inspiration to me for many years. I don't know if she'll be an influence over the course of this commitment or if she's done enough by just getting me started.  Regardless, I am grateful and I have committed to 30 days.

Here is DAY 1.  I saw the number 8 and I meditated on the "crown" chakra.

Interestingly enough, the 8 in numerology means balance.  The crown chakra (or "sahasrara") symbolizes detachment from illusion and is said to bring about rebirth.

DAY 2, heirloom tomatoes


To read more about the importance of creative commitments, visit these posts:
Reap the Benefits Now
Are you up for this challenge?
NaNoWriMo

Comments

Popular Posts