the art of simplifying

"...eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak." - hans hofmann



How crowded my life becomes.  It happens so quickly.  I forget every time how important it is to get away.  I was reminded, again, when we headed out of town for the weekend, about the creative freedom I feel within constraints.  When I just gather a few art supplies, knowing I can't take it all and not being able to gauge the inspiration I will have upon arrival, it still amazes me that I find inspiration with exactly what I have.

There is so much power in simplifying, in paring down, in eliminating the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, John. I feel so grateful to be able to keep up with all the adventures and opportunities that are happening with your family. SO FUN!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts