do it. create. walk and see. cut and paste. scratch and sniff.
do whatever you have to do to feed your soul.
this is my commitment.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

the art of simplifying

"...eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak." - hans hofmann



How crowded my life becomes.  It happens so quickly.  I forget every time how important it is to get away.  I was reminded, again, when we headed out of town for the weekend, about the creative freedom I feel within constraints.  When I just gather a few art supplies, knowing I can't take it all and not being able to gauge the inspiration I will have upon arrival, it still amazes me that I find inspiration with exactly what I have.

There is so much power in simplifying, in paring down, in eliminating the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, John. I feel so grateful to be able to keep up with all the adventures and opportunities that are happening with your family. SO FUN!

      Delete