where is your home (away from home)?

A friend sent this to me in the mail yesterday.


  
I promptly created this:


This is an image of one of the many sunsets I have sat and watched with my husband while camping on the South Shore.  It doesn't seem like I can ever spend enough time here.  The continuous waves are so soothing and the perfect lullaby for a good night's sleep.  The sandy shore is warm and soft as well as a canvas of treasures to collect, arrange, draw and paint.  


I need to return here soon.  The earliest we have ever gone is May.  It is usually COLD and we are required to bundle up in hats, scarves and mittens (things we have recently been anxious to shed in the city).  Later, in July and August, the temperatures are perfect with the natural air conditioning of the breeze off the BIG lake.  This place is home to me and I am so grateful to have a place that continues to be so meaningful and fulfilling, a place where I can just be.

Where's your place?

Read more about my fascination with John Muir here and here

View images of my home (away from home) here and here and here


Comments

Popular Posts