what's tugging at your inner strings?

timid (and trying not to be), mixed media on paper

With my decision to place my daily creative commitment in a sketchbook this November, I am surprised to see what is surfacing.  I remember being worried I would need prompts when working with a sketchbook. I admit, creating my cabinet of curiosities removed the intimidation.  It served it's purpose. It has served as a security blanket through this new endeavor.

What HAS surfaced are children.  More specifically, girls, with short hair (I might add) - ha!  These girls seem to always be exploring something natural. As much as I try to steer away from the pull I feel to create these beings, they will not sit on the side lines and wait.

The creative process rarely makes any sense.  It isn't logical.  As a creative individual, it is impossible to operate from a recipe card.  Do what you are pulled to do.  Do what won't stop tugging at your inner strings.  It doesn't have to make any sense.  My most successful work never has. Who knows why these gals are here.  Maybe one day I will be lucky enough to know.  For now, though, I will let them speak.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts