the other kind of list



So my love of snow in yesterday's post is inspiring me to create another list.  I am a list maker.  Usually my lists consist of tasks that I keep putting off or forgetting that must be done/accomplished - Ugh - I am such a work horse sometimes!  

And then there are other lists...  I don't even know what to call them.  I have running lists of my favorite foods, favorite books, favorite movies, what I love to bring on road trip lists, etc.  These lists ebb and flow and feed my soul with MORE deLIGHT.  It's always the small surprises throughout the course of a day that move me.  

Here are some (here's ANOTHER list):

1. the sound of my snoring dog or cat, completely content at my feet
2. the reflections and shadows the morning light plays with on my walls
3. the smell of incense burning
4. the tiny espresso cup I drink my coffee out of
5. a stack of rocks on the table on my porch
6. the morning playlist on WUMB out of Boston
7. a nice and neat stack of library books on my dining room table
8. the way my husband smells when he kisses me good-bye
9. a spontaneous call from a long distance friend
10. an affirmation hung on my wall
11. a digital image someone decides to share with me

These were just from this morning.  Do you have a running list?
Just start writing.  Ready...set...go!

Comments

Popular Posts