it's hard to wait

watercolor doodle

I can tell something is percolating and...it's so hard to wait.  I can feel that I am on the brink of an idea.  I have so many ideas it's just letting them sit for long enough to gather depth.  I've tried jumping in too soon and have found that it always leads to disappointment.  So...what to do in the meantime?  I tell you what my stubborn self wants to do.  It wants to sit here in my painting clothes, staying close to my studio, thinking the dam will leak sooner if I do.  This is just a bunch of hogwash.  I never want to take this time to get all the OTHER stuff done I want and need to get done.  The more I get done now, the more I won't have to do when the dam starts leaking and I find myself flooded with inspiration and energy.  So...what to do?  Do the dishes, do the laundry, run that errand I've been putting off, a walk is ALWAYS good, read, go on an adventure, have some fun.  The idea can't be stopped.  It's on it's way.  Once it's REALLY here, it will be obvious.  There will be no stewing, no wandering aimlessly, no waiting.  There will be nothing left to do but act on it.

The above image is a doodle I did while "waiting".  
This piece, below, was completed while waiting as well....
see my etsy shop for purchase information

Watch for posts on these topics soon:
Where to work?
It takes 3 days
I am visually driven
Mammoth, the film
excerpts worth repeating

Comments

Popular Posts