happy "to pay"

My husband and I have been married for seventeen years. We have put much effort into building a life together spiritually, emotionally and financially. Ever since we have married, we have had to pay federal taxes. We save over the course of the year for this expense. We also don't have any children that qualify as dependents AND we just became first time home owners within the last ten years. At 41 years of age, we consider ourselves to be "good" people, attempting to run our daily lives based on authenticity and integrity. We have made a lot of mistakes and we continue to make them. We have only the best intentions when making difficult decisions. My husband and I make less than 70,000 (on a GOOD year) as a household unit. We live in a humble home, humbly furnished and we have a broken dishwasher. We own 2 used cars. We spend our "vacations" camping. And guess what? WE ARE HAPPY and GRATEFUL to have our lives. In fact, WE LOVE OUR LIVES. With all this being said, how can I make it clear that I AM HAPPY TO PAY TAXES for a healthy administration? Healthy in their ability to see the ENTIRE picture and have the courage enough to have it look bad before it gets better? I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A QUICK FIX. I am looking for an administration that takes small steps with integrity while considering what is the greatest good for the most involved. I am terribly disappointed and frustrated with the recent elections (obviously) and have NEVER felt SO OPPOSED to "the majority" of my fellow citizens.

I guess all I can do at this point is "paint it out"...

Comments

Popular Posts