fighting with spring





fighting with spring, 12 X 12, acrylic on paper

I "fight" with spring. Who DOES that????
My seasons in rank are:
1. SUMMER!, 2. winter
3. fall (in Minneapolis)
and 4. (you guessed it!) spring!

I could go on and on about summer but here are a few points:
sunshine, warmth, outdoor eating, porch sitting, camping!, the south shore
summer VACATIONS, summer at night, flip flops, skirts, NO socks!
For the past two years in Minneapolis there has been a blanket of white snow on our world, all winter. I love the peacefulness in this, the minimalism in this the winter blanket I feel I can wrap myself in and reflect, sit, hibernate. I love the light the snow reflects.
OK, so here's my bit with spring: the white snow becomes dirty, the melting begins and the mud is exposed. The world looks dirty (in the early part of this season), the weather changes from day to day (it is so unpredictable!) Yesterday, I had the porch door open, today I have the heat turned up. I can't dress for it and be completely comfortable - ever. I am always too hot or too cold. UGH>
Anyway, I was thinking on my "spring" walk yesterday, that spring is full of unpredictability and I could see that as opportunity.
Who likes predictability?




Comments

Popular Posts