do it. create. walk and see. cut and paste. scratch and sniff.
do whatever you have to do to feed your soul.
this is my commitment.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

floor flurry

flurry, 12 X 12, acrylic and india ink on paper

So I said "when" yesterday and then I woke up this morning
and got ready to get into the studio. At first, I felt a little
of the same (as yesterday afternoon) but knowing
my prime time is always in the early morning,
I thought I'd give it a shot and...

This morning was a flurry!
I finished four paintings this morning.
It isn't the number of paintings that I finished that is
evident that some spark has returned, it's my process while painting.
This is difficult to describe but it involves a flurry of paint
with brush, sometimes with finger tips
(which is why I thought it necessary to give up oils)
quick swooshes of the brush, dashes, dripping of paint,
writing with a tube, working at the easel,
turning the painting around, working upside down,
working on the floor, etc.
It's as though everything else
disappears (most importantly, my inner critic)
and I am completely in the moment.

This is my favorite piece from today.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work. Really like reading about your process. It's messy, free, fun. There's something about a dash, a few lines of India ink mixed with paint. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete