loving where I am



This blog just doesn't seem to cooperate sometimes.  Lately, it has underlined everything I have tried to type OR has skewed the text all over the page.  There are a lot of things I want to say about all my previous titles and images that don't include text but instead of catching up, I will just begin here: with a photograph of condensation.  Huh.  

I don't feel as though I have one stream of thought, only one million streams (perhaps it's the head cold I have currently) but what I do know is that I walked to the library in the winter wind today (the one that could perhaps bring one of those spring snow storms) with my dog, Stella.  I loved hearing the wind in the pines.  I LOVE my public library -- seriously.  Recently, I reserved a book there (Journal of a Solitude by May Sarton) that was recommended by a friend.  I have savored each and every word.  

I love drinking coffee (in the morning) or cocoa with marshmallows in the afternoon or wine at evening while sitting under the afghan my Grandmother made.  I LOVE Herbie Hancock and have been listening to a lot of his music lately.  Last Friday, his album, Transitions and Dimensions, got me through writing an art proposal.  This week I have been listening to his album River: the Joni letters.  I love, when I am painting, that I feel our possibilities are endless, that the impossible is possible, all the time.  Tonight,  I cooked a roasted root vegetable and pasta dish -- yum!  Still hibernating, I guess...

Oh, and, this photo?  I just like it.  I like the sparkle, the color, the shape of circle.  Just recently, when painting, I noticed I felt too confined (perhaps this is more of a winter movement) and am ready to branch out bigger, wilder.  I hope I am ready.  Could this be a sign up spring?  We will see.  That is all we can do.

Comments

Popular Posts