do it. create. walk and see. cut and paste. scratch and sniff.
do whatever you have to do to feed your soul.
this is my commitment.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

keep at it

6X6, mixed media on paper

On Wednesday of this week, I attempted to "get in my studio".  I was all dressed and had taken all the steps in preparation.  When I held the brush in my hand, I could feel the tears swelling.  I wasn't ready to face these and so I immediately left.  
I am mourning the loss of inspiration to paint right now.  
Interestingly enough, today, I entered my studio in another attempt and have been in the process of creating.
Today, I have decided to start embracing the circles and dots that keep appearing in my paintings.  I still am not clear what they represent FOR me but I do know it must be something about simplicity, unity, nature, a sense of seeds being scattered...




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your courage. The courage to hold the brush and cry. A true Warrior Artist.

    ReplyDelete