to pamper

so after 9 days in a row of celebrating the holidays with visiting family, I thought I would need some time alone, in my home. turns out, I needed to get away. on Saturday afternoon I treated myself to a four star hotel that overlooked Lake Superior. after the 2+ hour drive, I found a seat, with a glass of red wine, by the lakeside window and watched the waves (for at least 2 hours). I took three baths in less than 15 hours. I read a stack of magazines on a fluffy king size bed with millions of pillows and I did some writing. in the morning, I watched the sun rise on Lake Superior while sipping dark, rich coffee. this was all I needed. I was rejuvenated.

if there is anything that I practiced in 2008, it was creating opportunities to get away and fuel my artist. it doesn't have to be a four star hotel. sometimes it's a country drive. sometimes, it's a day at home, by myself. sometimes it's camping in a tent. sometimes it's just sitting on my porch or in my backyard.

Oh, yeah...and about that 2008 and 2009? well, I wrote about it in my few hours of solitude this weekend.
it's all still marinating...

Comments

Popular Posts