do it. create. walk and see. cut and paste. scratch and sniff.
do whatever you have to do to feed your soul.
this is my commitment.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

to pamper

so after 9 days in a row of celebrating the holidays with visiting family, I thought I would need some time alone, in my home. turns out, I needed to get away. on Saturday afternoon I treated myself to a four star hotel that overlooked Lake Superior. after the 2+ hour drive, I found a seat, with a glass of red wine, by the lakeside window and watched the waves (for at least 2 hours). I took three baths in less than 15 hours. I read a stack of magazines on a fluffy king size bed with millions of pillows and I did some writing. in the morning, I watched the sun rise on Lake Superior while sipping dark, rich coffee. this was all I needed. I was rejuvenated.

if there is anything that I practiced in 2008, it was creating opportunities to get away and fuel my artist. it doesn't have to be a four star hotel. sometimes it's a country drive. sometimes, it's a day at home, by myself. sometimes it's camping in a tent. sometimes it's just sitting on my porch or in my backyard.

Oh, yeah...and about that 2008 and 2009? well, I wrote about it in my few hours of solitude this weekend.
it's all still marinating...

No comments:

Post a Comment