do it. create. walk and see. cut and paste. scratch and sniff.
do whatever you have to do to feed your soul.
this is my commitment.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

in the beginning and the beginning

it started with bookmarks.  it started with collecting any art scrap materials I could find. it started with play. it ends with play too, by the way.  eventually I was painting at my dining room table and then on an easel.  currently, I am ALL over the board.  one might call it random but I choose to call it related (and I may or may not find out how this is the case - ever).
I make an effort to create everyday.  exercising my freedom to create is who I am.  expressing gratitude for creative inspiration is what I do.  I started out a beginner and found out I am always a beginner (at everything) and hope to keep it that way.  with this mentality, joy visits me everyday.  once I choose to produce, joy is squelched and the true being of who I am in unable to create it's voice.  thank you for visiting.  we'll see how i keep this up.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that you have a blog!! I knew it was inevitable with your love of FB. Your words are always a gift to me, dear friend!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hope you do continue. Lovely, so far. I like this idea better than facebutt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, yeah, yeah! and fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete