re-introductions


 A bit about me (in no particular order):


I painted my first painting in the fall of 2003


I spent my childhood/early adolescence living in northern CA and this made a significant impression upon who I am today


I never thought I’d settle in Minneapolis and it took me about 15 years to feel at home here. I have come to really appreciate the Twin Cities now and truly value SO MUCH about where I live. 


I hit an emotional and spiritual bottom in 2002 and felt my only option was to create a momentous course correction in my life. If you want to hear more about this, I am happy to share. 


In 2011, I developed an extensive curriculum for myself to guarantee I’d stay committed to living a creative life. 


Books are second in line to art making. I used to average reading 2 books a week. This year, my average is 3. Setting aside daily reading time must be a priority for me. 


I am an introvert (INFJ), empath, and cancer zodiac. This has a tendency to make me feel lopsided most of the time.  Because of this, I have spent a lot of time learning how to embrace + create support for myself. I am also happy to share my experience here with anyone who is interested in hearing more. 


I’ve taken photos my entire life, starting with when I used to wear my Dad’s Brownie camera around my neck and “pretend” to take photos. My first real camera was a vivitar (long and slim black rectangle with flash cube mounted on top). 


I live within my means which can be frustrating (as a self employed person) but this mostly feels liberating and very peaceful.  Willing to share more about this too!


I am very clear about my priorities and can be quite disciplined (maybe too much at times) but this does work in my favor as an artist, I believe. 



You may also like 5 decades

*initally posted in March 2022

Comments

Popular Posts