What kind of bird are you?

india ink, gesso and cardboard on paper

As an adult, I've never been that excited about Halloween. I still, for the life of me, don't really know why.  I have a few guesses.

It could be repercussions from many years of classroom teaching and all the hype and hangover there was to "manage" with students around this holiday.  

It could be because I dread winter and it's usually very cold.

It simply could be that it's just dark.  I am rarely an evening gal anymore.  I adore my early mornings too much.

I've said (for YEARS): "Why would I ever want to be someone else (just for one night?), when I have spent a lifetime finding myself?"

But, with all that said, my husband loves Halloween and he loves handing out candy.  

I usually try like the dickens to get in the mood.  Sometimes it's with a dance:


But, this weekend I made my own costume. I was inspired (creatively) and this character is a favorite, from a top ten favorite movie.  So, really, this is just a natural extension of me.  Plus, I suppose, if I had to be anyone else, I'd be an animal (or bird).


"I'm a raven"






Comments

Popular Posts