I read 67 books in 2019. This number doesn’t really matter to me. What matters to me is that I gave myself permission to read whatever I wanted and I read whenever I had the time. Without intention, I noticed that 51 of the 67 books I read were written by female authors. And THIS number does interest me. My “most impressionable” read was Makes Me Wanna Holler: A Young Black Man in America by Nathan Mccall My “biggest escape” read was Everything Under by Daisy Johnson. I was unaware of the classic, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers and so this book was my “new-to-me literary classic”. My “first in this genre” was the graphic memoir, The Best We Could Do by @teabuoy. The “most refreshing” book I read was Convenience Store Woman by Saya Kamurata.  With the release of the Toni Morrison documentary, I started reading her books again. Even Muhammad Ali‘s memoir, The Greatest: My Success Story because she took such pride in the editing. Honorable mentions: A Girl Returned by Donatella di Pietrantonio and The Parking Lot Attendant by Nafkote Tamirat Wishing all my fellow #bookworms another year of #goodreads in 2020.

And the books I’ve added to my “want to read” list today:


To follow along in 2020, find me on Goodreads or check out this page on my blog

Comments

Popular Posts