how I spent my March


After surrendering to the first round of my very own, personal spring blues, I painted these portraits.  This process was so soul soothing to me.

They begin with me finishing Astrid Lindgren's memoir.  I was a fan of Pippi Longstocking in my childhood but didn't know anything about the woman behind this character.  Turns out, I loved the reality of Astrid even more than the character, Pippi.  Who would have thought?

And then I remembered other women authors that ALWAYS inspire me and who I tend to read over and over again: May Sarton and Brenda Ueland.

These women tend to be secrets to the general population.  May Sarton was so reflective and vulnerable.  Brenda Ueland so bright and robust.

Because I found myself on a roll, I tried to follow this inspiration by painting other 20th century women authors but, without feeling the passionate connection (like I do to the women above), this project quickly lost steam. 


Aww, well, It was good while it lasted.  Now, back to the bunnies.
View the latest rabbit HERE.

Comments

Popular Posts