practice what you preach




I maintain a pretty structured work week, with the tallying of my studio and teaching hours.  I realize that with the luxury of being self employed, I can take any day(s) off I wish.  It turns out I just follow our culture's traditional work week of Monday through Friday.  Yet, another "boring" aspect of my creative life (see The Minimal Landscape of Me).

Sometimes, on a Sunday, I do spend time in my studio.  I notice that I have zero expectations of this time and find it more playful because I am "off" the clock.  More importantly, I realized that my regular studio work hours need to be more like Sundays.

Yesterday (a Thursday), I refrained from painting with an end product in mind and just sat down and played. I know this will benefit my process and I am glad for the awareness and reminder.

Stay tuned...




Comments

Popular Posts