the self defeating mind vs the creative spirit

30x48, work in progress


I have a tendency to give the self defeating mind or my self defeating mind, the ultimate power.  How many times do I need to have the experience that spirit wins over mind time and time again?

My work has seemed so far away from me these past few weeks.  Even with the delivery of painting sales.

And, yet, time and time again, through the best of holidays and the worst of holidays (see the beginnings of what I plan to call the grief chronicles), through  fantastic, consecutive days spent teaching young artists who are so eager and can become so absorbed, the spark ignites.

I have been wanting to paint this rabbit for over a month now.  Finally, the beginnings are here.
Amen to that.

p.s.  I also found this very helpful to see/read today.

Comments

Popular Posts