batter up!



There isn't any particular formula.  Don't you just wish there was one, though?  I mean, wouldn't it be so much easier?  If there was a recipe or formula for living it would be such a relief...for a few days, possibly weeks but then...what would happen?

There wouldn't be an element of surprise.
We might turn into robots.

It's pretty humorous, actually, how often I have a strong desire for a formula or recipe.  It's like I am the batter and I want to know the pitch.  But that's what makes the game, right?  

The truth is, if there were a formula, it really would be limiting the possibilities.  And I believe in limitless possibilities.  I really do.  I have experienced them.  Life has surprised me with both challenges and great gifts.  The yin and the yang, right?  The game of life throws us different pitches all the time.  It is up to us to learn from, reflect upon and grow with the game.

Does the game ever stop?  I secretly wish it would at times but then, when I really give it some thought, I hope and pray it doesn't.  I want many more opportunities and innings to play.  There is such a big world out there.  

So let's throw in the towel of trying to find the recipe.  Let's just live.

Who's in?  Batter up!


Comments

Popular Posts