you have what it takes. you were born to do this

What if you were born to do this?  What if there wasn't any question that you were?

Some people are fortunate enough to have a combination of ingredients that work from the start: a strong sense of clarity about who they are and who they want to be combined with a strong support system to help them get there.

I think it's safe to say that a lot of us, though, didn't have these combined ingredients.  A lot of us are finding ourselves later in life asking the question, "What was I born to do?"

This can be an overwhelming thought.

I asked myself this question later in my life.  It took a lot of time to clear out the cob webs to get to my truth.  I did it though, and you can too. All you need to do is start...and keep going.

I recently saw this documentary on ducks (Paul Giamatti narrates).  Evidently, Wood Ducks build their nests in tree hollows 70 feet off the ground.  The day after their eggs hatch, the mother flies out of the nest and calls her babes to follow.  Weighing less than one ounce, the babes will jump from the nest (they cannot fly- their wings have not yet developed), landing one by one on a bed of leaves their mother has created.  And one by one, they take to the water.

Despite the 70 foot jump and their lack of wings, everyone has complete confidence these babes were born to do this.

I have complete confidence you were born to do this too.



If you like this post, you may also like this one.

Comments

  1. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. All of it. Further, I believe it too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts