soft. slow. simple. grateful. JOY


I literally JUST realized it was Friday today and cannot believe how quickly the week has traveled by.  Quickly in a good way, though, considering I take such pleasure in how I spend most of my days.  I have been very engaged with much of my work lately and this is something I am very grateful for.  We creatives know that when the work flows, it flows.  We don't need to remind each other that when it doesn't, it doesn't, and no matter how many times we've experienced THIS cycle, it feels like a bit of agony (if not like a lot) every time.

So...again, grateful for the flow.  Thank you.  More Please.

Yesterday, I visited a friend and was welcomed into her home where the classical minnesota public radio station was "singing" through the walls of every room.  It took this experience to remind me HOW MUCH I love listening to classical music this time of year.  Guess what is singing through MY walls this morning?

Today I attend the holiday program of another friend of mine (a much younger friend).  After this I have arrangements to meet yet another friend for a late brunch.  How lucky am I?

I used to live a life that was so stop/start.  Go go go until I could barely keep myself up anymore and then stop, stop, stop (because I wasn't able to go anymore) hopefully with a little time to rest on the side.  I am loving the balance I find in my life now.  Yes, I will be very engaged with work throughout the upcoming holidays (work that is enjoyable and work that isn't so much) but I also will be listening to music singing through my walls when I can.  I will be admiring our beautiful tree.  I will be spending time with those I love here and there and I will be receiving the benefits of living a balanced life.

Ain't Life Grand?

Happy Holidays.
May this coming year bring more balance and a love for life to you all.
I will be back here on December 27.  I hope to see you then.

Oh...and for those of you who would like to know about my upcoming workshops and classes, you can read more about these here and here.


Comments

Popular Posts