how I managed "the busy(s)"

spotting subtleties, a pink curb outside one of my appointments yesterday

After two consecutive days of feeling like I couldn't keep up, I got the hang of "the busy(s)" yesterday. 

It was abundant to have a morning of open space where I could take care of my creative commitments as well the household responsibilities that were piling up.  It's in my nature to move quickly, multi-tasking as I go.  Instead, I consciously worked at moving slowly, focussing on one task at a time (hmmmmm...even laundry was more enjoyable!)

It was helpful to be early to the first appointment, this allowed me to be early to all the rest.  Before my final commitment, I had time to sit against a tree, in the grass while the sun was lowering on the horizon - PERFECT

It was EXTREMELY helpful to take the back roads (what my husband calls "the scenic route").  It really lowers the stress level, creates opportunities for small adventures (A hawk was flying above me as if to lead the way at one point) and eliminates getting caught up in others' frantic driving. 

It was comforting to be prepared with several books (I wasn't sure what kind of mood I would be in as I "tackled" the day) as well as good water.

After returning some phone calls, walking my dog and eating dinner, I treated myself to a movie rental last night for a job well done.

I hope "the busy(s)" are done for awhile, but if they return, I've actually practiced a different way of managing them.  Knowing my life, they'll return sooner than later (life always brings me a lot of opportunities to practice new behavior...)

Comments

Popular Posts