my own life

Is it REALLY possible to create our own lives?
A quick response might be "Of course. Isn't that what life if for?"
For some reason, I never felt this freedom.
I never felt this exhilaration.
I never learned this...
I am a slow learner and I am still learning. Imagine that?
Actually, I like it this way...

I love my quiet. I love my solitude.
I like to mix in a few things: good music, good movies, good food.
I love my Grandmother's afghan, good books, and good red wine.
I love the company of my husband and my dog, my cat.
On occasion, I like to be with people of like minds and laugh or eat or discuss the meaning of life, the possibility of what lies ahead, what we are possible of creating.

Now I believe I can create my own life.
But I need help.
I need people who believe me, who respect me, who trust me to help me. These people encourage me (from afar), without any strings attached, to embrace myself and listen to my inner voice
(regardless of how different it may be from ANYONE else's).

Today, I am celebrating my path (where I have come from and where I am going), my ability to create my life, the way that works for me.
Today, I let some OTHER layers of shoulds and expectations fall away.
I am ready to accept the outcome.

Comments

Popular Posts