coming full circle

against a wall, 10 X 8, acrylic on canvas paper

In the midst of a house full of family this holiday, I have been attempting to meditate daily on a vision for my creative endeavors for 2010.
In addition to creating bodies of work (which will continue to happen, I affirm) and participating in exhibits, contributing to galleries, etc, I enjoy having a rhythmic project that both challenges me and creates a structure and framework for the year.

Last year, I committed myself to the 365 project www.flickr.com/photos/karimaxwell/sets/72157616020754394.

I am pondering these ideas for 2010:
1. one painting a month on an intuitively guided theme
2. one self portrait a month (which wouldn't be that fun considering I am participating in the self portrait project http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/selfportrait and ONE already seems like too much)
3. one color a day in a moleskin
4. one piece a month, using a different medium for each: installation, photography, sculpture, collage, acrylic painting, drawing, textile, oil painting, pastel, mixed media, watercolor and ONE MORE (this one sounds challenging, FUN and "outside the box" for me)
5. continue this blog (this is a given)
6. one photo a week (instead of one a day). I think I want to do this too (a way to ween myself from the zillions of pics I have been used to taking).

Currently, I am leaning towards #4. It sounds like something I want to start
RIGHT NOW.
I think this is a wonder-filled sign of inspiration to come...

Any OTHER ideas out there?

Wishing you creative souls well.
Happy New Year!
Here's to the manifestation of vision!

Comments

Popular Posts