do it. create. walk and see. cut and paste. scratch and sniff.
do whatever you have to do to feed your soul.
this is my commitment.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

creating with natural materials

My intention was to bring the lake to the classroom in my recent art class this past Sunday.  I wanted to give the children an opportunity to discover a variety of ways they can create with natural materials that are easily found near any body of water.

Our warm up activity involved a drawing exercise where the children chose items from my collections and created a composition by drawing or tracing these items onto paper.



The children also used these materials to create (or build) temporary "drawings".



Small pieces of driftwood were available to incorporate into a painting.


We chose driftwood sticks to create our own painted creatures.


After a snack picnic outside in the wind, we returned to the classroom for sand painting.  The children LOVED witnessing their "invisible painting" with glue come to life after adding sand.




I have finalized a date for an introduction to ceramics class (hand building and firing) with a visiting artist the first Sunday afternoon of October.  Make sure you check this out.  View October classes here.

I am already taking registrations (via email) for WEEKDAY WORKSHOPS during school closures. It's not too early to reserve your seat.  View this link for class dates.

I have 3 more seats available during my September classes on Sunday afternoon.

If your children started school already, I hope they had an exceptional experience.  This can be such an exciting time of year.  Wishing you all ease as you transition.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment