do it. create. walk and see. cut and paste. scratch and sniff.
do whatever you have to do to feed your soul.
this is my commitment.

Monday, September 15, 2014

I AM: paper doll portraits, pinch pots and secret wishes


We needed a little ice breaker before class yesterday.  I read one of my favorite books, My Life With The Wave, written by Catherine Cowan and illustrated by Mark Buehner.  This did the trick and the children started chatting (and humming) while working on their paper doll portraits.




we also made pinch pots
While the students were pinching their pots, I read another book with a direct connection to our monthly theme: I Think, I Am!, written by Louise Hay and illustrated by Manuela Schwarz.  This book discusses small and daily challenging scenarios children might experience and empowers them to use these opportunities to shift the challenges to positive thoughts and possibilities.


We created our own secret wish boxes, 
a place where the children can place their secret wishes for the year.

There was also more mandala making.  



Read about the positive effects of mandala making here.


Other examples of the students' work:

 



this student loves Joan Miro

 I have two more seats available in both of these sessions for October!



View a variety of photographs and read more about children's art classes here.

If you're on facebook, follow The Create Everyday Classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment