do it. create. walk and see. cut and paste. scratch and sniff.
do whatever you have to do to feed your soul.
this is my commitment.

Friday, August 15, 2014

weekday workshop: wayne thiebaud and the MIA

Before our Weekday Workshop yesterday, I stopped by the Copper Hen to choose our "live" subjects for our Wayne Thiebaud painting study.  

When I first presented the artist and our topic of study, the children were eager to begin.  When I presented the box that held the tiny cakes, the children were awestruck.

We focussed on exaggerated (bold) colors and awareness of shadow when painting our subjects.







Our walk to the MIA always involves a stop at the MCAD sculpture garden.  
The children love sitting with their sketchbooks and drawing.


We had our snack picnic on the MCAD campus.





The children were eager to arrive at the museum and use their sketchbooks some more.









Stay tuned for upcoming art class updates.  
In addition to Sunday afternoon classes,
there will also be Saturday morning classes available in the fall!

I have created a page on facebook titled The Create Everyday Classroom.  I am not sure if this is a good route but I am trying it out in the meantime.  Please like and share if you feel so inclined.  As always, your referrals mean so much to me and this new endeavor.  

Enjoy the weekend!  Happy Art Making!

The Copper Hen is a beautiful new business in the neighborhood and right around the corner from the Create Everyday Classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment