do it. create. walk and see. cut and paste. scratch and sniff.
do whatever you have to do to feed your soul.
this is my commitment.

Monday, January 13, 2014

ART CLASS at The Coffee Shop Northeast

This past Saturday, I facilitated mini art classes at The Coffee Shop Northeast.  With the shorter time frame and the first time in this location, I thought it would be best for us to do an old and popular favorite, oil pastel and watercolor.

We quickly discussed the living, contemporary artist, Ellsworth Kelly and looked at his watercolor painting titled Trunk with Leaves.

Fruits and vegetables were our live subjects.  The children were able to examine these while using oil pastels to trace or draw the outline as well as the detail they observed from the cross section of each.  They used a small brush to paint their subject and a large brush to paint the background, experiencing wax resist.

I was able to capture a few photos.  I wish they were better quality.  The children were so absorbed in their work!





If any of you have pictures from this class that you would like to share with me, please email them.  I would love to see!

The Coffee Shop Northeast has reserved another date for art class.  On Saturday, January 25, I will be there again, for two art classes (45 minutes each), one at 10am and one at 10:45.  We will be working with another technique and medium.  There will be a $10 fee.  I am limiting each class to six participants.  Again, reservations will be required.  Email me if you are interested.



Over the course of a two hour art class, we usually study an artist, read a book and practice two different art techniques.  To read the entire curriculum for this particular class, please visit this link.

To read more about create everyday art classes in general, please visit this link.

Happy Art Making!


No comments:

Post a Comment